Brasen Hill, the 244-acre farm in Barrington, NH, promotes health in their animals and fertility in their soil. As a diversified farm, they offer a vegetable CSA, a meat CSA (Pork, Chicken, Duck, Rabbit, Lamb, Goat), and an egg CSA. Everything is also available through farmer markets and their farm storm, opening this June.
- Humanely raised: The pigs spend their days rooting in the woodlot, wallowing in mud, and sunning themselves on the pasture.
- Rotating pastures = fresh grass to eat
- Chickens live in ‘chicken tractors’: mobile coops that are moved every morning to protect the coop from predators, allow access to the pasture and fresh air, while also protecting them from inclement weather.
- Crop rotation: The planned order of specific and different crops planted on the same field.
- Cover crops: Specific plants grown primarily for the benefit of the soil rather than the crop yield.
- Composted manure: Improves soil fertility and soil quality, and enhances populations of beneficial microorganisms in the soil.
Thank you, Brasen Hill Farm, for continuing to be one of our Pick-Up Locations!
CSF Spring Sign-Ups happening now!