Whiting, also known as Silver Hake
, have softer flesh and are less flaky than other white fish such as Cod, Haddock, and Pollock. Mild and slightly sweet, the raw flesh is white to off-white, with a coarse, watery appearance. Hake can be substituted for many dishes calling for Pollock or Cod. Corned Hake
is a popular recipe in New England, or try it pan-fried Portuguese-style
Pan-Fried with Lemon & Herb Butter Sauce
Share your recipes with us and be featured!
CSF Spring SIGN-UPS happening now
Brasen Hill, the 244-acre farm in Barrington, NH, promotes health in their animals and fertility in their soil. As a diversified farm, they offer a vegetable CSA, a meat CSA (Pork, Chicken, Duck, Rabbit, Lamb, Goat), and an egg CSA. Everything is also available through farmer markets and their farm storm, opening this June.
- Humanely raised: The pigs spend their days rooting in the woodlot, wallowing in mud, and sunning themselves on the pasture.
- Rotating pastures = fresh grass to eat
- Chickens live in ‘chicken tractors’: mobile coops that are moved every morning to protect the coop from predators, allow access to the pasture and fresh air, while also protecting them from inclement weather.
- Crop rotation: The planned order of specific and different crops planted on the same field.
- Cover crops: Specific plants grown primarily for the benefit of the soil rather than the crop yield.
- Composted manure: Improves soil fertility and soil quality, and enhances populations of beneficial microorganisms in the soil.
Thank you, Brasen Hill Farm, for continuing to be one of our Pick-Up Locations!
CSF Spring Sign-Ups happening now!
Roasted Hake With Sweet Peppers
Baked White Fish Fillet Recipe With Herbs